In Y7 and 8 all students will participate in the CLIMB initiative. The aim of CLIMB is to develop the interests and abilities of students by providing a variety learning experiences outside of the classroom that promote independence and interpersonal skills. In order to achieve this, we will ask the students to complete a number of tasks to reach milestones on the mountain each academic year.
The 5 core areas of CLIMB are:
– To demand and nurture a strong sense of moral purpose, personal responsibility, integrity, honesty and respect for others.
– To develop students who are confident readers, writers, speakers and listeners.
– To develop independent students who realise and celebrate their own potential.
– To promote the importance of being an active citizen and make a positive contribution to society.
– To develop interpersonal skills of our students.
On completion of tasks, students are asked to collect evidence as proof of completion and will be awarded points by their form teacher for each successfully completed task.
For information with regards to the Bronze, Silver and Gold award please see document below.